Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a great kid. . .

Ok, I am going to brag a little but not on my child but my sisters' youngest. She is such a good kid. She is very smart and from the time she was in the 4th grade when you talked with her it was like talking to an adult. She is far more advanced than her years. She is in the 8th grade and has never made below an A on anything. She took the SAT as a 7th grader and scored in the 99th percentile. Which is wonderful. My sister called me today and was telling me about a raffle that was being held where her other daughter works. The oldest daughter is also very smart and has yet to make below an A as well, she is a junior in High School. She wants to be a Pharmacist and works in a pharmacy after school. The pharmacy was holding a raffle to raise money for a little girl that needs a kidney transplant. She has had one transplant and it is failing and she has been put on dialysis. For the raffle, you bought tickets and they were giving away $500 to the winner and of course the ticket money went to the little girl. I will give you three guesses who won. Yes, my sisters' youngest. She got the call yesterday that she had won the money. I am sure you know where this is going, but I feel the need to brag anyway. Most kids age 14, 15, or 16 would say yeah, I can buy . . . well you know what they would say. This great kid said, "Mom, do you think we should give the money back to the little girl to help with the transplant?" My sister of course said it was up to her because it was her money. It only took a split second to decide. She and her dad took the money by today. How cool is that? This is what Christmas is all about. I don't think at her age I could have made that decision so simply.

Here's to my sister her husband and great kids!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Wow! I think a lot of adults would have a hard time giving that money away! What a wonderful girl...I remember you talking about how great these girls were at the pool this summer.

Perhaps their parents should write a book because clearly, they are doing something right!

Pampered Mom said...

I keep telling my sister that too. Thanks