Monday, April 3, 2017

Anniversary and UNC in the Title Game. . .

I am married to the very best man on the planet with the exception of my daddy and father in law.  I had not forgotten our anniversary but I did not have anything for my very sweet hubby today and he had not forgotten and even had gifts for me this morning.   I am one lucky lady.  He got me a new rosemary plant that I have been wanting since mine died a couple years ago and chocolate.   He also gave me a very sweet card, he took great pride in the fact that he had something planned and I did not.  Usually it is the other way around.
These twenty four years have flown by, it seems like yesterday we were preparing to go on our honeymoon.   We spent a week in Ft. Lauderdale with a day trip to Key West.  We had a blast eating fresh seafood and enjoying all the sites.  The drive to Key West was awesome and oh how I loved the conch fritters.  We went to the Mel Fisher museum in Key West that has some of the treasure on display from the Atochia that Mel Fisher discovered off the coast in 1984.  My mom and dad were there when they were bringing it all ashore  that day in 1984. It was really neat being able to see some of the treasure from his discovery.  Another win for the hubbs, he gave me a silver coin from the Atochia for my wedding gift and arranged the day trip to Key West to visit the museum.
I laugh and tell people we had to get married when we did, we had to plan our wedding around the NCAA tournament.  My mom and dad went to every tournament NCAA and ACC for as long as I can remember up till the last fifteen years.  My dad is a State grad and  they are big State fans still. My lease was up at the end of March and we had a very short window between my lease ending and the start of the tournament.  Not only would my mom and dad not be there but my hubby would not have any groomsmen either.  The groomsmen were all huge UNC fans. While we were in Florida the final game was played and it just so happens we were out to eat at a local bar and grill and of course they had the game on over the bar.  The hubbs and I did not care about the game, we are not Carolina fans.   We ended up sitting at the bar to eat and you will never guess but another Carolinian end up at the bar and he was a Carolina fan.  The bar tender assumed we were also Carolina fans and I proceeded to tell him that not everyone that lives in North Carolina is a fan of UNC.  North Carolina does have a couple other really good colleges.   Hence my title for this post.




No comments: