Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A New Cookbook for this Pampered Mom. . .

I have watched the movie Julie & Julia several times over the last so many months, and I love it.  No, I am not going to start a cooking blog or cook through any cookbook but, I must confess I did purchase Mastering the Art of French Cooking.   There is a great deal of good tips and tricks in this cookbook and I love this book.  I did make Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon last night.  I would say  I am an average cook, not the best but certainly not the worst.   It took me three hours to prepare this dish and then it cooks for 2 1/2 hours before serving.  We ate dinner at eight o'clock last night.  When the hubbs came home I told him what I was fixing, he was intrigued but not impressed.  He has gotten use to me trying new odd recipes.  I told him that I hoped it was really good and that everyone enjoyed it because I would probably not be making this one again.  The boeuf was really good and yes, I may have to eat my words and make it again.  If I do make it again I will start preparation at noon. Big T even like it and when I try my "new" recipes the hubbs and I are usually the only ones that enjoy them.
There are a couple other recipes that I want to try in my new cookbook, if they turn out I may share them with you.  I have always loved a cheese souffle and I did find an intriguing recipe in my new book.  I have made souffle's before so this one will not be a daunting as the boeuf was.  I may take a stab at pie crust again, I have yet to master that one and maybe with Julia's help I will.

No comments: