Monday, July 22, 2019

Cape Cod, Lobster Rolls, and Iron Maiden. . . .

Sprat made it home from the Cape safe and sound.  He sent me pictures of his plate after he had finished a lobster roll.  In case you do not know what a lobster roll is, it is a yummy po boy type sandwich with lobster type salad on the bun.  I have never seen one in person only pictures and have read about them.  I want to try one so bad.  I love seafood and I was going to try one while we were at the Red Sox game last year but they were so expensive I did not try it.  We did our first trip to Boston for the college visit with Sprat in true Dave Ramsey style, we stuck to our budget and sadly the lobster roll was not on our food budget.  I wanted to get one this last visit but we did  not get to go into Boston.  Sprat spent the last part of the week with his girlfriend and they played on the beach at Cape Cod and ate fish and chips and the fabulous lobster roll.  Yes, I was terribly jealous that my dear son got to have that lobster roll and all I got was a picture of his empty plate with a side dish full of slaw because, the boy does not eat slaw.   We have another trip scheduled to take him back to school and I WILL have my lobster roll, one way or another. 
I love my family and I love my hubby with all of my heart but I absolutely detest having to rush everywhere we go when we get to go to neat little places like Massachusetts.  There are so many things that I would like to see there and yes I guess I am being selfish.  We would not have gone to the Red Sox game if I had not insisted we try and get tickets.  They were all thankful for that because they all had a really good time and it will be a wonderful memory for my boys to have with their dad. I am all about making memories and taking pictures of everything.  As I am writing this post my three favorite fellas are out making memories now.  The hubbs has taken the boys to an Iron Maiden concert.  Yes, all of my fellas are metal heads.  I begged for pictures so hopefully I will get a few. 
Stay tuned for a few pictures from all of this fun. . .

No comments: