Thursday, March 20, 2008

Is it Monday? . . .

Actually this all happened on Tuesday. It might as well have been a Monday for me. I had to get up and get Jack to school and look good. Ok, now when I say look good I mean look presentable enough to be seen in public. You know you have those days where it does not really matter that you did not get a bath or comb your hair because you are only going through the drop off line. Well, not today. I had to take Jack in because his class had done weather projects and they were on display for the parents to see that morning. Not only did I have to look presentable but so did Thomas. He was going to school after I dropped Jack off and saw his project.

Now that you have the back story; I jumped up and got my bath fixed my hair and then had to get the kids ready. Yes, I do have a husband but for some reason he believes that during the week his only responsibility is to get himself ready and go to work. So I get everybody their breakfast and fix lunch for Thomas. Out the door we go in record time. Naturally I run into everyone I know at Jacks' school. This is why I had to look presentable. I walked and looked at all the kids projects and oohed and ahhhhed at everything.

Now I am off to take Thomas to school. We got there really early compared to most days. Everyone seemed rather surprised to see us. I guess I really am that bad about getting out the door in the mornings.

And now on to the grocery store because I did not get everything I needed the last time I was there. I forgot my list. So here I go through the store talking to myself racking my brain to remember what I needed. I had to order cupcakes for the Easter party, sugar, sweet and Low, and a few other little items. I finally found my sugar and put a bag in my buggy. I went on to the cereal isle and looked for Thomas' cereal. I finally found it and started to the next item and I stepped in a pile of sugar on the floor. Where did that come from? Oh my gosh! It was pouring out of my buggy. I picked up my bag of sugar and proceeded to the check out ladies to inform them there was a clean up on isle 8. I did not realize but I had a little trail of sugar going through the store where I had been shopping. I was rather embarrassed. I apologized and finished my shopping. If Thomas had been with me I do believe I would have blamed him for it. HA HA!! As I approach the register the nice lady that I had informed of my misfortune was bagging for the other counter. She announced, "There is the crazy sugar lady" and said she would help me on the next register. Well I made it home without incident, thank goodness. All I wanted to do was go to bed!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I'm laughing WITH you Page, not AT you! teeeheeeeheeeee!

Pampered Mom said...

I am sure the grocery clerk was laughing at me!