Saturday, July 5, 2008

But Mommy. . .

Some days I feel like my first name is "but." I bet if I heard "But Mommy" once today I heard it a thousand times. Why is it that children feel the need to argue with every point. Jack would argue with me if I said how pretty the blue sky is. He would say but Mommy it is really a pink blue not a true blue. Is is just because he is 8 or is it just because he is a boy? My husband hit the nail on the head the yesterday. We went to out neighbors for a fabulous 4th of July party. They had a cook out and fireworks and all kinds of things for the kids to do. They had a pool, a blow up water slide, and a slip in slide. Now I ask you wouldn't any child or adult be happy with that. Well we told Jack not to go to the pool because we could not see him over there and he whined and stomped, but mommy. Mark said, "He would not be happy if he had a million $$ he would want two million $$. " But Mommy why can I not have two million $$? Well, am I the only one this happens to?

I do believe Jack will be a lawyer some day. He should at least, he loves to argue. It truly does wear me out some days with his, "but mommy." I never knew that boys could whine so much. I always thought it was the girls that did the whining. I have been proven wrong on that one.

I have decided I am going to try and stop the arguing. I do not remember taking issue with my parents as much as Jack takes issue with everything I say. If he is doing this now what is he going to be like when his hormones hit. I had planed on taking them to McDonalds as a treat while Mark was out of town last week. Jack proceeded to argue with me about what he wanted to order. I put my foot down and I turned the car around and he came home and ate a turkey sandwich. I told him I was not listening to the arguing anymore. I think I am going to take this approach more often.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: