Wednesday, July 16, 2008

There is no such thing as a frigid. . .

We went to a family reunion this past weekend. I got to see most of my cousins. I have not seen them in probably 2 years. When I was little we went to my Grandmothers every Christmas and got to see everybody there. When she passed away we started doing a reunion every year at someones house. This year it was at my cousin Oliva Anns' they live in Tennessee. They have a pool and horses. My kids played in the pool all day, of course. We had lots of great food. My relatives are the best cooks. The men can cook too. My cousin Chris brought a fabulous Gazpacho. No one had seen my kids in two years so everyone was giving them a hard time. That is a family tradition. You have to aggravate the children. That one has been passed down from their Dads and so on. My Uncles used to terrorize me and my sister and cousin. They would chase us and tickle us till we wet our pants. I think that may have been their goal. Well my cousin Chris was going on with Thomas and asked if it was frigid in the pool. Thomas' teeth were chattering like he was freezing. Thomas replied, "there is no such thing as a frigid." He still affirms that there is no such thing as a frigid.

Jack got stung by a bee while playing in the pool. He is not allergic, thank goodness. He cried and screamed a lot but that was about it. Now he runs from anything flying around no matter if it is only a fly. I took some great pictures of Jack jumping off the diving board I will try to get some of them uploaded sometime. They are really good, he is right in mid air.

It was great to see everyone at the reunion. I wish we could get everyone together more often but everyone is so busy. It is hard to find a time when everyone can come.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Thomas is such a hoot!!!