Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm back. . .

This has been the craziest summer ever. I thought summers were for relaxing and being lazy. We have been anything but. I am so ready for school so I can slow down a bit. Jack went to summer camp and had a ball. He went trotting off to his cabin with his suitcase and sleeping bag and said, "See ya Mom." I was a little hurt. We followed him to the cabin to make sure he got everything put up and set up right. We met the counselors that would be staying in the cabin with them. This was a church camp so I felt comfortable leaving him. There were about 8 little boys and two adults in the cabin. Those poor guys (counselors). After we got everything unpacked Jack said ok it is time for you to go. Again I felt a little hurt. No clinging, crying except when I got in the car to go home. I know I should be glad that he is so independent that is they way we raised him and the way we want him to be. But why is he so independent. (Sorry a Mom moment there)

Mark and I took Thomas to visit Marks' sister for the night. Thomas did not want to sleep upstairs without Jack. We took him to Robbies' house and as soon as we got there Thomas says, " don't you have some place to go?" Why do my children want to get rid of me? Do I shelter them to much? Do I hover to much? Well, I don't care I'm the Mom and that is my job!

I guess I should be proud that my children are independent. I am proud they are independent! Jack is still talking about all the fun he had at camp. This was only for a weekend next year he gets to go for a week. He is very excited about that too. His favorite part was the nature walks and all the fun stuff the guide taught them about nature and history. He got to canoe and swim, go on hikes, have camp fires, and arts and crafts.

He seems so grown up since he got back.

4 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I'm ready for the summer to be over as well!

Did he go to Laurel Ridge? I went there a couple of times as a kid!

Pampered Mom said...

Yes. He loved it. Mark had been there with his family too as a kid.

Pampered Mom said...

Yes. He loved it. Mark had been there with his family too as a kid.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. This summer has been crazy. I have 3 children. One will be in 2nd grade & the other in Kindergaden. I am ready for school to start as well. They go back on the 25th.