Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First Day. . .

Well I made it. Whew!!!!! I only cried a little this morning. I really wanted to cry when they came home. (not like that). I met them at the bus stop because of our wonderful rain we have needed for so long. Thomas got off the bus and had this huge grin that covered his entire face. He ran and jumped in the car. I asked him how he liked his first day of school. He said it was great! So I guess my tears and worry were for nothing. My baby is so grown up now.



I asked him how his day was and he said they let me keep my eye open during rest time. He got a green fish, which means he had a good day and did not get called down too much. No home work for him, yet.



Jack had a good day too. He is so excited he is learning cursive writing. He has wanted to learn that since he was in first grade. They learned i and t and put it together for it. I told him he needed to work on his printing before he started on cursive. Oh well.

So I guess our first days of school went well. I only hope the rest go as smooth.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I'm so glad it went well!!!!!
Peter goes on Thursday...we are both a little nervous.

Pampered Mom said...

I was terribly nervous. Don't be. He will do great. I was so worried about Thomas but I think he is really going to grow as a little person in school. I will be thinking about you on Thursday.