Friday, August 29, 2008

6 hours of peace and quiet. . .

Well, anybody wonder what I did with my day? Once I got the crew out the door for work and school I got to relax for a little. Then I decided I needed to go to the gym. I did not have to rush my workout. I had plenty of time to do all the machines I wanted. I then went home and took a nice long hot shower. AHHHHHHH!! I don't get those often. I am usually rushing so much the water barely has time to get hot and I am out on the run. I went to town and goofed around. I have not done that since Thomas was in preschool. It was a nice day! I am ready for battle now.

The boys made it through school and they both had a good day. I waited in the driveway for them to come from the bus stop. Thomas ran to tell me all the neat stuff he got to do today. They did not get to go to the Treasure Box today but he hopes he will next Friday.

They brought home their first fundraiser junk. Now, I know the schools always need money but really. I cannot stand these things. My kids are harping on me, "Mommy you have to buy 10 things so I can get a free ticket to ride whatever at the Fall Festival." I do not agree with this. They are turning our kids into little salesmen. I think there are enough salesmen out there now. What are we teaching our kids? We are rewarding the kids that get there parents and other relatives to buy the most usless junk. They are talking about taking the Accelerated Reader recognition out of the school but let's be sure we recognize all those little salespeople we are breading.

I am putting my foot down this year. I do like the wrapping paper and I may buy a roll from each of my kids but that is it. This is not what I want my kids to learn. Look honey if you sale 10 pieces of this crap they will give you this other piece of crap. Sorry. I would rather they do more of the Spellabration type things. I would pay a lot more for that than I would for any of these other Fundraiser things. Give me something my child will be able to use later.

For all of those I may have offended I am truly sorry.

PS: My husband is a salesman.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I'm with you! I don't like sales. I heard Friedberg was only doing those Spellathons and Math things to raise money. That sounds like a better idea.

Pampered Mom said...

My friend Lori has a son that goes there I will have to ask her. Hope Peter enjoyed his first days of school.