Saturday, April 3, 2010

Some days. . .

There are days that I feel I have not done my kids justice in their raising.  Some days I feel maybe I am to strict on them about what they eat and when they go to bed and such.   Then some days like Thursday I feel it all falls in to place and maybe I did do something right.   Jack has been taking Communion classes at Church for the past several weeks.  Thursday, Maundy Thursday, he got to take part in his  first Holly Communion.   Those that know me, know that I cried through the whole service.   I am sure part of it was that I was just so proud of him and the other part was the fact that we were reading about the day Jesus was crucified.  For all the days that I feel like I have been the "mean Mommy,"  I have Thursday to reflect on.  For all of those "Some days"  when I feel I can't do anything right, I have Thursday when my baby grew in his relationship with God. 
Thomas did not participate in the Communion classes this time but he is very interested in it now.   He asked on our way home from Church on Thursday when he would get to take the classes.  I told him he may be able to when they offer it next year or so.  I was very proud of Thomas too.   He followed along in the service with the reader in his book.  He even sang some of the songs.  He doesn't do that in Church. 
We had a very deep conversation with the boys that Thursday night.  The service opened all kinds of new questions from both of the boys.  Nights like that make me forget all of my "some days" that I feel I made my mistakes.

No comments: