Sunday, September 5, 2010

First full week of school. . .

The boys had a pretty good week.  The each had their share of homework to do.  Thomas is having to work more on reading comprehension this year and I am not sure he is ready.  He likes to read or at least he does not mind it so much but he does not retain what he has read very well.  Jack's group seems to be concentrating on math more this year.  Jack has done well, thus far, in school but I don't think he has been challenged.  He likes his teacher this year he said she is very funny.   The teacher called the other night to see how Jack was doing and to see if I had any questions and I asked her about the funny.  She said she just tries to relate to the kids on their level and sometimes that means talking about boogers and snot.  I was a little shocked.  This teacher did get teacher of the year in 2006 -2007 though, so she must be doing something right and she has Jack's attention.
Thomas came home the other day telling me that Jack's teacher had ridden their bus that day.  She had sat up in the front across from Thomas.  Thomas asked her if she was Jack's teacher she told him she was and he replied, "I feel your pain for having him in your class.   I am his brother and I feel your pain."  You can imagine what she must have been thinking.    There is never a dull moment in my house.

No comments: