Friday, August 27, 2010

First week of School. . .

We all survived the week.  The kids had a really good week and they both like their teachers.  Yeah!!  That always makes my school year go better.   They each have friends and kids that they know in their classes and that helps too.  No real homework this week but, I have a sinking feeling about next week.  The boys are also going to be starting football practice next week. 
I got a bargain on lean ground beef at the meat market this week so I have browned and frozen several pounds for future meals.  Having this frozen browned meat readily available helps  with meal preparation.  I can just pull some out of the freezer and put it in the skillet it is thawed in no time and just add what ever seasonings I want.  When I browned it I also seasoned it with a little white wine ( of course) and some fresh garlic.  I use those no matter what I am fixing.   We also had spaghetti, baked spaghetti, tacos and hamburgers this week.  I bought a lot of lean ground beef.  Tonight we had meatloaf.  I tried a new recipe from my favorite website www.allrecipes.com .  I am always looking for new ways to fix meatloaf.  HA HA
This recipe is "Glazed Meatloaf."   Those of you that know me, know that I never follow the recipe specifically I always change a few things.  For this recipe I added a little too much lemon juice to the glaze but it was still ok.  I know lemon juice?  You would not think of that being very good in a meatloaf but it was good even though I added way to much.  Any who check out the site and see what you may find for dinner tomorrow.  The point of all of this was that because we had not had something to do every night I was able to cook some pretty good meals for the family.
Until we eat again. . .

No comments: