Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No money from the tooth fairy?

Monday Jack pulled his tooth.  So Monday night he was to put his tooth in his dish for the tooth fairy.  Tuesday morning he got up and did not mention what the tooth fairy had given him.  I did not ask but Mark did.  He told his Daddy that she left him a note.  Mark looked at him funny and said, "A note, where is it?"  Jack said he had tore it up.  He did not want Thomas to see it.  We asked him what it said.  He replied, "She wrote no tooth no money."   I asked him what that meant.  He said Daddy told me to do it.  He said why don't we mess with the tooth fairy.  So instead of putting his tooth in his dish just for the tooth fairy he hid it in a puzzle box in a different spot.   Since his tooth was not where it was supposed to be he did not get any money.  Jack blames his Daddy for that one and so do I.  How nutty can my husband be?  Why would he tell Jack to hide his tooth?  I still have not figured that one out.  Last night as we were saying our night night prayers I asked Jack if his tooth was in his dish.  He said yes and he still insists that it is his Daddy's fault that he did not get any money the night before.  This morning when Jack got up to get ready for school he came downstairs to get breakfast and he laid a $1 bill on the kitchen table.  I asked him what the dollar was for.  He said that is what the tooth fairy gave him.  He usually gets $2.  He was quite upset that he did not get his $2 and still blames his Daddy.  Some of you may say $2, that is not much from the tooth fairy.  Well, to my kids it is a lot.   Our tooth fairy is frugal and $2 is the normal fee for a tooth at out house.  When or if they get more it is a pleasant surprise but they do not expect it automatically.  Now that Jack sees he can get less from the tooth fairy I think he will not try that again no matter what his Daddy tells him.
The dish I keep referring to above is a little ceramic dish in the shape of a tooth and it has Jack's name on it.  When you take the lid off  this is written inside, "put tooth here."  Mark made this for Jack when he was just a baby.  I know Mark and ceramics?  He went with a group of nurses that he works with to this little ceramic place and did this.  He also made me a ceramic "Frito." 

No comments: