Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Praying Moms. . .

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with God behind us lifting us up.    As Moms we battle daily with our children; whether it is bedtime, brushing of teeth, snack time, or watching TV and playing video games.  We spend our time fighting the devil at every turn.   Some say our time is spent in the trenches but after reading my first chapter of my new book it came to me, we should be battling the devil on our knees.   Prayer is our only option when it comes to him.   As Moms we owe it to our kids to pray for them but, what I did not realize is that we also owe it to ourselves.  It is amazing how much prayer can relieve our stress and anxiety.  It does mine anyway.   I have started writing my prayers down too, it helps me keep track of things plus once they are on paper I don't have them floating around in my head anymore.  I sleep better with this method. 
The book also says no parent is perfect and we do not have perfect children.  I was shocked, I thought mine were perfect.  Just kidding, sorry.   We are not perfect parents we are praying parents. 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Isn't this just the best book?!!! I hate I missed the discussion today. And I love the fact that we aren't perfect parents...I KNOW my kids aren't perfect and I always feel like it is because of something I'VE done wrong.