Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Thomas!

Thomas is 8!  He told me he has only 8 more years and he gets his drivers license and of course Jack chimed in to add, he only had 5 more years before he would get his.  After I picked myself up off the floor we all laughed about that one.  I am not ready for my kids to drive and I don't think anyone else is either.
  Thomas had a big day yesterday we went to Jacks' basketball game then to early dinner and then home for presents and cake.  He will have a big celebration today at his grandmas' Super Bowl party.  We all get together and eat way to much and of course the boys watch the game and the ladies play cards or dominos and enjoy the fellowship of family.   We will not only be celebrating Toms' birthday but we will also celebrate Marks' Moms as well.  She and Thomas have the same birthday. 
Thomas is all about nerf guns and army men these days.  He and Jack set up the army men and shot them with their nerf guns in the playroom yesterday.   Jack made Thomas a base for his army men.  He took one of my Pampered Chef boxes and painted it in a camouflage pattern and added some trees for cover.  This was Jacks' gift to Thomas.   I guess they are pretty cool kids if you can get passed the fighting and sibling rivalry. 

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Happy Birthday! Peter is into Nerf guns and Airsoft guns and anything Army related! Must be an 8 year old boy thing! :) That was sweet of Jack to make him a present!