Monday, November 19, 2012

More Thomas isms. . . .

I was talking with a friend at Church the other day, that is also in charge of our Grateful Choir, she was telling me about their latest adventure.  Our Grateful Choir is made up of our youth and they go around to local nursing homes and sing.  They also sing for our congregation too.  Jack loves to sing, Thomas on the other hand, not so much.  Thomas does not like to sing in front of people.  He says he is shy, I am not real sure about that one.  They have made Thomas a roadie for the choir.  He totes the instruments and he also takes pictures while the group is singing.  He has become quite the little photographer, so I have been told by my friend.  She said the other day he took over 100 pictures at their last event.  She did have to delete several.  They had his thumb in them.  Luckily our Church has a digital camera and it is easy to delete his mistakes. 
I asked him the other day about going to the Nursing home and singing.  He said, I don't stand up there and sing.  I do sing while I am taking pictures though.  That could be why my friend is having to delete some of those pictures.  He said he likes going and visiting with the "old" people.   He said he goes around and talks to them.   He seems to be gaining some confidence about himself by doing this.  I know he takes pride in his picture taking, it is very serious business to him.  Even though he does not get up there and sing with the group he still feels like he is a part of it.  That is important to me too.  He looks forward to their events.
The Grateful Choir will be singing at our Thanksgiving Eve Lovefeast  this year too.  Maybe Thomas will get his nerve up and stand up there and sing as well.

No comments: