Thursday, October 24, 2013

New day. . . .

Ok I am over my pity party today and moving on.  New day new attitude.  I have decided that I will live for me and my family and no one else.   My number one priority is going to be my health and well being and then my families health and well being.   I plan on teaching my kids what they are not getting in school at home.  We already read the Bible most every night before bed and do devotions.  I love our devotions, they bring out topics that we may not talk about routinely.  They also make it easy to talk about difficult subjects.   History is another topic I will be teaching my kids.   Thank goodness my dear hubby  is a history buff, I will leave the history to him. 
One of my dear friends gave me some good web sites to look into for home schooling and I will be using these to help my boys through this year.  I am not in favor of the common core stuff.  Everyone says it is supposed to make everyone across the US teach the same information at the same time.  I don't agree.  Our school system still cannot figure out what is a good score for the test my oldest son took last year in 7th grade.  Why are we stressing our kids out over a test that the administration cannot figure out how to grade?  
I will no longer let anyone else dictate how I feel about myself.  I will try and teach my kids the same.  I want them to feel and be strong in themselves.  If you are strong in yourself you cannot be bullied by anyone.   Stand up and be strong. 
I use Keys for Kids for our devotions, google that and you will find the website.  

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

UGH! So sorry you are having to deal with this Page.

Beth Cotell said...

My first comment should have been on your previous post.

Sounds like you have a good attitude this morning! Nothing like a new day to give us a fresh perspective!

Pampered Mom said...

Thank you Beth for your response. As you can tell by my slow response time it has been one crazy month. I am trying to do better with my attitude toward things but sometimes you can just get bogged down. Enough of my whining. I hope you are doing well. I am keep you guys in my prayers. Hope you are feeling well.