Sunday, January 21, 2018

Random Thoughts for the Start of 2018. . .

2018 is off to a BIG start at our house.  The hubbs got back safely from Florida after a few delays.    He got his name up in  lights on the jumbotron for being ranked number three in the country in sales.  This is huge since he was laid off  in May of 2016 and then re hired in December of 2016.  You just do not realize the satisfaction I find in this whole ordeal.   It was not his direct manger that laid him off it was the pointy heads at corporate that have no clue what goes on at the sales level. 
Enough of that, because we have been too blessed to be ugly about the pointy heads.  I do believe God moves in mysterious ways.   We have made huge strides in paying our house off and saving for retirement.  I recently read the book by one of Dave Ramseys group called "Retire Inspired" by Chris Hogan.  This was an awesome addition to the Dave Ramsey collection of Financial Peace.  I highly recommend it to anyone that has done the Financial Peace class or who has read the book "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey.  Full disclosure:  I am not being paid to write this, I write what I feel, love and believe in and I do love and believe in each of these programs.  We are saving and giving like crazy and it feels good!!  Could not have done it without Dave and his program.  I would not have gotten serious about it without knowing the facts behind his plan/program and that is what the class gives.  I dabbled at this plan until I took the class.  If you have the opportunity to take the class I highly recommend it. 
Stay tuned, work is really busy this time of year and I feel very overwhelmed most days.  I use my blog as a means to vent some days and as a means to chronicle what is going on in our family.  You never know what you might read about hear at the Pampered Mom???

No comments: