Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Days and Grumpy Teens. . .

School is out for the next two days and thankfully I am off work too.  The hubs is traveling this week so I am single parenting this ship.  Look out folks there's a woman at the helm.  School is out today and tomorrow so far, not sure how tomorrow will be for Sprat and his college classes.  College campus closed today thank goodness.  We have about four inches, with it still coming down, who knows where our totals will end. 
I use to love snow days, I would get up early and get on ALL of my snow gear and go find my neighbors down the street and we would sled all day or at least until we were too wet to take it any more.  We would go home and wash clothes, eat, get warm and go back at it.  Sprat has been out once for a couple shots at the goal and that is about it.  Sweet Basil went out early this morning to potty and hopefully she will not have to go out again until this evening.  I went out with Sprat to snap a few pictures for him. 
I am so glad I went to the grocery store yesterday, I really did not want to go but I made myself.  It was a regular grocery day for me unfortunately.  I asked the boys, if it snows and school is cancelled what kind of junk food do you want?  Sprat said, hummus and chips.  Big T said oreos and chips.  I wanted pizza but I could not talk either of them into that last night.  So, here I am on a snow day with no pizza, except the frozen kind (no pun intended). 
Plans for the day:  laundry,  baking cookies, making chex mix, making soup and cornbread, and vegging if my boys will allow.

No comments: