Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Garden Therapy. .

The hubs took Monday off and I had the day off so we decided to do a little work in the yard.  The hubs and Big T cleaned the front flower bed on Saturday while I caught up on some sleep from night shift.
They worked really hard and thankfully very quietly. 
The hubs and I dropped Big T off at school and had our breakfast date then off to the nursery to pick up some pansies.  I also picked up some decorative cabbage. 
It felt good planting and fixing our front bed. It reminded me of when we first moved in and we did all of  this work in that bed.  We had beautiful phlox and lilies and my rose bush.  We worked really hard in that bed those first so many years but then the kids were busy with sports and things just got neglected.  This could stand as a reminder for our spiritual life as well.  Perhaps this is what I needed to get grounded for this next phase of motherhood. 
It started to drizzle while we were planting today and that was ok we finished the planting and said a prayer for growth and renewal, again for our lives as well as our flower bed. 
Being in the yard and working and working with my hubby made me feel a little better about all this drama I am feeling lately. 
I have been promised some rosemary, lavender, and sage in a little garden area off my back patio, fingers are crossed.  We already have a few different varieties of mint and oregano back there that I use regularly in different recipes.  I will share pictures once we get the ball rolling. 
By the time Sprat gets out of college my yard may look like a jungle.  LOL!!!


This was several years ago.  I just love that phlox, the hubs has promised I get more phlox this Spring, I hope it will grow and be this pretty.  


New pansies and a little cabbage  


Another angle 

No comments: