Monday, April 7, 2008

Thomas-isms'

Thomas is so funny. He is my spunky, wild, and sassy 5 year old. He is constantly amazing me with the things he says. Everyone should take a day and look at the world through your pre-schoolers' eyes. You would be amazed how different things look. You would also be amazed how they interpret the things you say.



Some of these things I have talked about in previous parts of my blog so please pardon the repetition. I was visiting with my parents this weekend and Mark kept the kids. I was only gone overnight but when I got home I thought Thomas had grown. I told him I thought he had grown a foot while I was gone. He said, "Oh yeah? Where?" (stuck out his foot and was looking for another one.) He is so funny sometimes.

Of course there is the frantic jumping up and down shouting "What does it mean? What does it mean? What does swelling mean?" All of this happened because he fell and hurt his wrist and my sister said it looked like it was swelling.

One day Thomas was going around the house hold his breath. He would just be walking down the hall and all of a sudden take a big deep breath and hold it. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am trying to get a baby in my tummy." OK, yeah I did not get that one either until I talked to his Daddy. Thomas had told his Daddy he wanted a baby brother or sister. Mark told him to hold his breath. Needless to say you really have to watch what you say to the little ones you never know how they will interpret it.

Oh, and I don't think I had mentioned this one before. Mark and Jack were watching basketball on TV in the living room and Thomas and I were watching TV in my room when a commercial for a pretty diamond ring came on. It was talking about the "Canary" Diamond. Thomas asks me, " Mommy do you have a ring like that?" I told him no that that was a really expensive ring and Mommy did not have one like that. I then, as a joke, told him to go and tell his Daddy that Mommy wanted a "Canary" Diamond ring. He said ok. He repeated it twice to make sure he was saying right. I muted the TV so I could hear the talk between Mark and Thomas. Thomas told him exactly what I had said and Mark told him to tell me to "hold my breath." Thomas immediately began screaming and saying over and over, " I don't want another baby! I don't want another baby!"

There is never a dull moment in my house. This is why I am writing everything down. They are so cute.

4 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

That boy sure does make me chuckle! I hope he and Peter are in the same class next year!

Allison Nicholson said...

Hey Page! I thought I would stop by your blog and leave you a message. Tell Jack and Thomas I said hey. I do hope that Thomas enjoys his present. Thank you for the coach handbag, the fuzzy dice (LOL), and the coach key ring. I love it! It's great a great blog.

Love,
Allison (your neice)

Pampered Mom said...

Allison you silly. Thanks for the post. Keep a check back to see what the boys are doing.

Pampered Mom said...

Beth I hope he and Peter are in the same class too.