Tuesday, November 11, 2008

30 minute Chicken...

Pampered Chef has a 30 minute chicken recipe for the microwave. I have been reluctant to try it because chicken in the microwave just does not sound good. I never had the nerve to try it. Well, last week we had our meeting and that was one of the recipes our group had prepared. It was wonderful. It was so moist and tasty. I decided I would give it a try. I went to our local meat market, which by the way is the best, I picked up a chicken. I asked the gentleman behind the counter if it had the guts in it like the turkeys do. He said he thought they did. So I decided if it was only going to take 30 minutes that I would wait on Mark and let him take the guts out. HA HA!! I don't like messing with raw meat at all. So when Mark got home I asked him to get the guts out. He peered in the chicken and said, "there is nothing in there." I said oh, ok then. I rinsed the bird and placed it in my PC deep covered baker. I rubbed it down with olive oil and mixed a seasoning together of paprika and some other things I cannot remember right now. It said you were supposed to tie the legs down. Well, if any of you have read my blog or know me you know that I don't always follow the directions in the recipes and I did not tie the legs down.

I put the bird in the microwave on high for 30 minutes. When it came out I checked the temp. to make sure it was done, the juices were clear. When I took it out the little legs were standing in the "It's a hold up" position. That was funny. So I guess I should have tied the legs down. The bird was done and looked pretty good too.

We all sat down and Mark carved the bird. It was really juicy. I loved it. Mark even liked it and he was skeptical.

If you would like this recipe go to the PC website and look under recipes or email me and I will send it to ya.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I may have to try that sometime. I just wouldn't be able to tell Dan that it was cooked in the microwave. He wouldn't want to eat it if he knew.

I love that meat market too. I've gotten ribs there several times - the ribs are cheaper than Wal-mart or Food Lion. What was the price on the chicken??

Pampered Mom said...

The Chicken was about $3-$4 /lb. I think. They have weekly specials too. If you give them your email they will send it to you.