Friday, November 14, 2008

Who Knew???

Who knew my Husband was in vogue? I don't mean the magazine either. I did a brunch show last week with great success. All of the ladies were talking about Dave Ramsey. In case you do not know him, he talks about saving money, getting out of debt and doing it all from a Christian stand point. One of the big things is not to have a credit card and not to use one if you have one. This is where Mark comes in.

When I first met Mark 17 years ago he was loaded. HA HA!! No, not really but he had more money then than he has now. He blames that on me of course. He was single living in a one bedroom apartment no payments of any sort except regular monthly things. He also did not have a credit card. If it was up to him he would not have one now either. His philosophy was if you did not have the cash in hand you didn't need it. I came from a different philosophy, this is not my parents way but it was the young 20 somethings way. If I wanted it I got it and I had credit card debt from when I was in college and not working because of it. Mark hated credit cards and refused to have one. He was very tight and still is to a point. When he changed jobs he had to get a credit card for his work. This was a tragedy to him. We dated and of course married within a year and I worked two jobs to pay off my credit card debt. I worked in a lab third shift and then worked the lunch shift in a local restaurant as a hostess. Nobody laugh!

I am interested in hearing more about Dave Ramsey. I hope there will be a class near by to attend in the future. I did some research on him on the net and he has a solid plan to get out of debt. Marks' sister has his book and I hope she will let me borrow it. She said it is really good and a lot of it is common sense.

Who knew my tight wad husband was in vogue. HA HA!!

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

I've been going to the session at Union Grove. We are halfway through now but on Tuesday night, we can bring a guest that thinks they might be interested in learning more about Dave Ramsey and what the Financial Peace University is all about. Basically you would just be sitting through next weeks lesson. You are welcome to come if you want to! It's from 6:30 - 8:30.