Wednesday, March 28, 2012

School and Sylvan

School is still a struggle even though Thomas seems to be doing well at Sylvan.  Not sure what is going on there.   Thomas is in third grade and they are learning measurements using standard inches, feet, and yards plus they are having to learn the metric system of measurement.   They did all that in one week.  This week they are working on volume.  Using the standard gallons, pints, cups vs. metric; liters and milliliters.  Does anyone else think this is a little fast?  Or is it just me?  I would love to know your thoughts on this.  You may post anonymously and that is fine with me.  I would just love some feed back on the subject.  I do not remember Jack doing these in the third grade.  I was told today that the EOG could be given on the computer as early as two years.  Thomas is not doing well on the computer bench mark tests now and they are going to give them a test that they put so much emphasis on, on the computer.  I do not like this push of technology on these kids.  Sometimes we depend too much on technology.  I would love to know your thoughts on this one too.

No comments: