Monday, September 2, 2013

Facebook drama. . .

So I posted a thing about the Pledge of Allegiance on my facebook page and how we used to recite it at school.  I think it is a good thing, it teaches children respect for our country.  One of my "friends" on facebook came back at me about it and how it is brain washing to teach our kids this and how our country was not founded by Christians.  I did not post anything back to her because I think it is silly to argue on facebook and I believe it would have been futile to argue with her.  Our country was founded by people looking for religious freedoms.  I cannot attest that they had indeed taken the Lord Jesus as their Savior but I do believe there were some Christians in the mix of our leaders.  I think her whole hang up about the Pledge is that it says, "One Nation under God. . ."
I am a Christian and I do not say this to say I am perfect, I am far from it.  I am a Christian because I have asked the Lord Jesus to come into my heart and to forgive me of my sins.  I am a sinner, I will never be completely free from sin, but God loves me just the same.
What do you say to someone that does not believe in God?  I cannot imagine not believing in God.  All I have to do is look at my beautiful children, my life, or walk outside and look at the sky and know that there is a God that loves us all.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and again I will not argue with people on facebook, it is silly.    I was just blown away by her comments, I would never post anything like that on someones' facebook page.
This may be God at work in my life telling me I need to minister more to those that don't believe.   I will be praying about this.   If you have ministered to someone that did not believe in God I would love to hear from you, just click comment and tell me how you did it.  You can do it anonymously, I don't mind.  If you have a different opinion that is fine too, I will not argue though.  I just want to hear what everyone has to say.

No comments: