Friday, August 30, 2013

I am my Fathers' daughter. . .

My dad has always been an early riser.  I guess he threw that on me too or it might be the kids.  Ever since I had my kids I cannot sleep very long.  At first I thought it was because I was worrying about stuff and then I thought it was because I had too much caffeine to drink too close to bedtime.  I figured it out this morning at 5 am, I am my fathers' daughter.
My dad, for as long as I can remember, has always gotten up early and either gone to the gym or gone for a run on the street.  Before there were gyms on every corner my dad would jog out our street for at least a couple of miles.  Now he goes to the gym and walks on the treadmill and lifts weights.  I always thought he got up early because he wanted to do his run and then he had to go to the barn and feed the horses and then come home to take me to school.  I think he gets up early because he can't sleep any longer than what he does.  I admire my dad because he does do all these things in the morning before he goes to work.  Now he is at home and in his easy chair by 9 ish and usually asleep.  I do give him a break on that one because he starts his day at 4 in the morning that and he is 83.  As I said he has been doing this since I can remember.
I cannot sleep past 6 and I am lucky if I sleep past 5 these days.  I decided today, when I woke up at 5, that I would do what dad did.  I went for a brisk walk.  I usually walk my sweet B after I take Sprat to school but this walk was just for me.  It was still dark, nice, and quiet.  I prayed and I took in the fresh morning air and enjoyed my walk this morning.  This walk was just for me, I think I may try it tomorrow too.          Thank you dad.

No comments: