Monday, August 26, 2013

Family. . . .Kids growing up. . . .

So my nieces are now both in college, one in graduate school and one in undergrad.  I am very proud of them both, I know they are going to do great things.  My sister is now an empty nester.  I know the girls will come home some on the weekends, holidays, and maybe summer, but for the most part they have flown the coop.   I tell you all of this to unload my fears of my children leaving the nest.  I know I complain and poke fun about not getting any privacy or time to myself but, the truth is I love being a mom and I love having my kids around.  They do drive me nuts on most days but I wouldn't want it any other way.   I guess I am afraid of when they will no longer need me.  What then?   I am sure this is what all mothers go through, I may be going through it a little early since my kiddos are still in middle school.   I am never late to worry over things.  Dear hubby and I started our family later than most these days.  We were married six years before we had our first little one and we were not young when we married.   Some days I worry if we will have anything in common once our kids have flown the coop.  We do almost everything together right now with the kids and we both like sports.  I could be just worrying over nothing.  Maybe I am worrying about not knowing what to do with myself when my kids don't need me anymore.  I am so proud of them both though, they are strong boys and I think they are growing in their relationship with Christ.  We talk about that a lot so I hope it is becoming more a part of them.  Today was their first day of school and they both asked me to pray with them before they left, and that made me very happy.   I have spent these moments of quiet at home praying for all of those going back to school, young and old. Here is my picture they let me take grudgingly so.

No comments: