Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shark Week. . . .

We all love shark week on the Discovery channel.  Dear Hubby and I watched the first episode and it was about the once thought extinct Megalodon.  Hubby and I both have degrees in biology so we are always intrigued by animals that show up after everyone has thought they were extinct.  We always are geared toward the biological significance. We stayed up and watched the two hour episode and I must say they have some pretty good evidence and new evidence that the Megalodon still exists.  The one diver still thinks it is just a big great white but, I don't know.  They talked about government cameras they have under water at different places that you can access online.  One showed a large shadow and a kid just happened to be watching it when the shadow appeared.   They looked at the shadow and it was a really big shadow.  It is amazing what they can glean from a shadow.  I tried to watch last nights episode but I could not.  It was a little ridiculous.  I will try to watch tonight's episode and I hope it will be more grounded.   I am not too keen on the little talk show that comes on after the main show.  They are a little to campy for me.  I guess I am getting old.
One of my aquarium pictures to the right is of a small Megalodon mouth open, my boys and my hubby are standing behind it.  I think this was considered a baby Megalodon.
These are some pictures I took at the aquarium of the shark tank.  I do love to watch them, they are fascinating animals.


No comments: