Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Praying Parent. . .

I have read and re-read The Power of a Praying Parent, by Stormie OMartin, as a parent it is our job to pray for our kids.  We must pray for them and teach them to pray, it is important for them to know that adults need someone to lean on too.  If we teach them to lean on God at an early age imagine what they will be like as adults.  Imagine what our world could be like if more people would lean on God instead of damning him.  My dear hubby's niece recently had a baby, she is a beautiful baby girl.  I gave her this book, it is never too early to pray for your children and their well being.   Stormie gives you specific prayers to pray for certain things and I am so thankful for that.  Sometimes it is hard to find the right words to pray for your kids.  One night I was praying and my husband came upstairs, when I was through he came into the room and asked me who I was talking too.  I told him, God, he said oh and went back downstairs.  It is so funny, because he knows I pray but he did not realize I prayed out loud.  I also have a book by Stormie called, The Power of a Praying Wife, I use it also and I have seen some interesting things in my husband and it has opened doors for us to talk.  I did not realize just how spiritual my husband was until one day we were talking about our garden.  I was asking him about the things he planted and he was telling me that after he had planted our potatoes that he prayed over our garden.  How many men do you know pray openly and pray over their garden?  That intrigued me and I later found out that he prayed as he worked in our garden.  That explains a lot.  It explains the huge harvests we have had of zucchini, potatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes.   It makes me smile every time I think of him praying over our little garden.
We celebrated our twenty year wedding anniversary this year and I love him more and more each day.  

No comments: