Friday, November 18, 2016

More on Giving Money. . .

I thought this topic deserved another post.   I have written a few times about the letters that I am writing to my boys and adding a little cash in each one.  Those stacks of letters will be given to the boys when they graduate from high school.    I saw on Pinterest where someone took a pizza box and had put dollar bills of varying denominations spread around to make a fan, I thought that was a neat way to give money to a teen or young adult.  These were suggested for graduation gifts but I think they could be given for birthdays and Christmas too.  I also saw a wreath made out of dollar bills to give as a Christmas gift.  I think that would be more appropriate for a girl than a boy though.  I cannot see my boys wanting a Christmas wreath, even if it was made out of money.
Here is one for someone that likes gift cards, you could buy a cheap box of playing cards and take them out and put an assortment of gift cards in the box instead.  I may use this one for Sprat, he has asked for gift cards to a couple different places.   He does like his playing cards too.    I like the Visa gift cards I give those a lot to my nieces, that way they can use them wherever they want, they are not locked in to one store.  
Would love to know how you give your family money as a gift.  Let me know what you think.

No comments: