Thursday, March 16, 2017

Updates. . . Prom, Sick, Work. . .

Drum roll please  ^-^-^-^-^-  She said yes.  They are going to the Prom.  Now begins the fun part, of finding a tux, picking out flowers, finding a ride, and figuring out where they will go to eat.  I have shared some of my fun prom memories with Sprat and with Big T since it is prom time.  Back in the dark ages when Paul Revere rode to make sure everyone got home ok.  Na, I am not that old.
The young lady, we will call her Miss C, is shopping for a dress this weekend and then we start thinking about flowers and the tux.  I may be a little more excited than Sprat.
When I asked him if he had asked her and he told me he was going to ask the next day at school, all I could picture was some lame question at lunch or in between classes.   He did surprise me though, he had a well thought out plan and it was quite good.  A little back story on Miss C, she is a trainer for the football team and the girls softball team at out high school.  Sprat said she is thinking about being a physical therapist, physician assistant or something like that.   The other day Sprat was supposed to have lacrosse practice and he was going to get Miss C to tape his ankle before practice.  Sprat and one of his buddies had gone out and bought some athletic tape and he had written on the inside after a certain amount was rolled off, "Prom ???"   I thought that was pretty ingenious, some may say cheesy but if you knew my boy you would say ingenious.    When he came home that day I asked how everything went?  He said, she said yes.  I asked, did she say just a yes or was there at least some smiling and laughter and a big ole YES!!?   He said she was smiling and laughing, he also said all of her friends were there and all of his friends were there.  I would bet she had a little bit of a clue  about what was going on.  I did make sure that morning that he had washed his feet and put on clean socks.  heeheeheeheehee.
Big T has bronchitis and has been sidelined for this weekend with lacrosse.  He has the worst cough, sounds like a goose honking  around.   Cough medicine is just not working.  He started on antibiotics, so I hope it clears up quick.
I had my six month review the other day and it was pretty good.  They said they will keep me on, so that is good.  I am enjoying my work, there are days that it is very trying, I will not lie, it is very hard to go back to work after thirteen years.  I am very thankful they have been patient with me through my training process and my adjustment to the fluctuating schedule.  Feeling very blessed and very thankful.
Stay tuned for Prom updates . . .

No comments: