Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Spring is Right Around the Corner. . .

I must confess that little bit of warm weather we had has given me a little bit of Spring fever.  My very sweet hubby is going to fix me an herb bed right off of our back patio.  I am so excited because it is really going to happen this time.  He has promised this to me for a year but a few weeks ago when we had a dry day he sort of dug out my spot.  It is really going to happen, I cannot wait.  I will have Lavender, Rosemary, and Sage to start.  It will be big enough to add more if I so desire.  I have always loved fresh herbs and we already have a big plant of oregano and lots of mint around the patio.  I do believe I have Spring fever.
I have bought me some seeds to start in the house of a few things that I may just keep in the kitchen. There is nothing like preparing a meal using your very own herbs and spices.   The hubbs has cleaned the garden out so he will be getting it ready for early planting. There is nothing like fresh veggies from your very own garden.


This is the beginning of the new herb bed. I will post pictures of the progress.  The hubbs was not very happy with me this morning when I told him I was taking this picture, he said it was just mud. I told him this was a work in progress and I was showing the beginnings and when it is full of wonderful herbs we can look back and see how we started.  He was not amused. 



No comments: