Monday, March 11, 2019

Work, Family, Love, Kids. . .

Three lacrosse games, work and trying to catch up with one home from college before he has to go back.  It is going to be a busy week for everyone in our house.  Oh, and let us not forget the hubbs interviewing for a new job.  He is still with the old company but I have said many times his industry is very volatile and they do not value employees.  These upper management people tell their employees, "make your numbers or you will be sorry," which is management speak for you will lose your job.  The hubbs and I are older and we were raised very similarly, we were taught a pretty strict work ethic and that has stuck with us.  I just hope our kids will follow in our way of thinking when it comes to work.  My hubby is very smart and the clients he calls on love him and see him as a valuable resource when it comes to his product.  When he was laid off a couple years ago, one of his clients offered to call his company and complain.  My hubby being the kind of person he is, insisted that he not call that it would not do any good.  My hubbs manager, knows he is a valuable employee but the top guys at the company have no clue.  It is funny how CEO's and VP's today do not understand that companies do not run on the backs of CEO's but on the backs and blood of the employees.  I would wager a guess that, with regard to my hubby's company, if you put one of their upper management people in the field to call on the offices that they would fall on their face.  Their product sales would dry up and blow off into the wind if these upper management types had to sell and be responsible in the field, half of them have never been in the field before and have no clue what the average sales representative does or has to do on a daily basis.  I really wish employers would take a step back and see the value in their employees.
I am excited for my hubby and his new job possibilities,  he has had one interview and has another one planned and even another one with a different company soon. 

No comments: