Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Flu

So Thomas had to go back to the doctor on Thursday and Friday. He tested positive for the Swine flu on Thursday and was dehydrated on Friday. Thomas had the puke portion of the flu. We are doing much better today. I always thought Thomas was my better puker. He tended to make it to the bathroom and actually hit the toilet. Jack on the other hand when he got sick he hit what ever was in his way. Thomas proved me wrong this time. Thursday and Friday he puked where ever he was. He made no attempt to get to the bathroom. I am not sure if he did not have the energy or if it came on that quick. So I have spent the better part of these past few days doing laundry and spot cleaning the carpet.
Thomas was so pitiful he said, "Mommy I am sorry I puked on your couch." I told him that was ok it was an accident and he should not worry about it. Then, "Mommy I am sorry I puked on your bed and in the floor of your room." I said that is ok things happen you can't help it. Now my house reeks of Lysol and floor cleaner. Yuck! I guess it is better than the alternative.
We are all back on the road to recovery. He has not been at school since Tuesday. The doctor said Thomas could go to school, if he felt like it, on Monday. We have a teacher workday on Monday so he will get an extra day to recover. Yeah!!
We have weathered the storm of sickness. Remember wash your hands! I also read something online about things you can do to prevent the flu. Most were common sense but they said to gargle with warm almost hot salt water and if you could not do that to drink hot liquids. They said it takes about 3 days from the time you come in contact with the bug for you to get sick. They said the hot liquids would kill the virus. It enters through your nasal passages then to your throat. Needless to say I have been drinking a lot more coffee and hot tea as of late.
Cheers!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Sorry about all of the puking! Hopefully you are done with any sickness for the rest of the winter!

Pampered Mom said...

I can only hope so. We are on the road to recovery.