Friday, October 16, 2009

Things my boys say? ? ?

So you know how my kids are. They say whatever pops into their little heads. Sometimes it can be hurtful and sometimes you just have to laugh. Well, the other morning before school Thomas was making fun of my hair. Yes, I had the terrible bed head. I was rushing around trying to get them ready to go to school so I had not brushed my hair or even tried to fix it. I really didn't care right then. Thomas commented that it looked really ugly. Jack immediately jumped to my defense and told Thomas that was not very nice and he should apologize to me. Thomas of course ignored his brother and kept poking fun at me. Again, I really did not care, my hair did look bad. Mark said I had a Don King thing going on with it.

I am glad that Jack jumped to defend me. It makes me feel good that he realizes that words can hurt peoples' feelings. I guess I am going to have to get up earlier so that I can make myself presentable before I wake my kids up. HA HA!! Not! They will just have to learn to deal with it. I have noticed Jack saying please and thank you more often lately. Could he be up to something or could he just be using his manners. I hope it is the later.

Thomas always has a way to make me laugh and wonder where he comes up with these things. We were watching TV the other day together and a commercial came on for a wrinkle cream. (you know where this is going don't you?) Thomas looks at me and says, "Mommy you need some of that stuff." I said, oh really. Why? He said, "you know when you give me my bath and your fingers get all wrinkly. You could use it after you give me a bath so they aren't so wrinkly." I laughed and grabbed him and hugged him and told him how much I loved him. He makes me laugh so.

No comments: