Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eating better. . .

When Thomas was diagnosed with the Swine flu a few weeks ago he hollered and said he didn't want to die. I told him he was not going to die from this flu. I said, "You are healthy you will be just fine in a few days." He said with tears streaming but I don't eat healthy. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I said well here is where we make a change. We will all start eating healthy.

This summer I had looked into the Mediterranean Diet for Mark. I had read somewhere that the people of the Mediterranean have a lower risk and incident of diabetes and many other metabolic diseases. Researchers attribute that to their diet. So off I go to do my own research on the matter. I did use some of the recipes I found in my book and I tried to do more fish. I have not thought seriously about it since I read that book this summer but I found a site through Lowes Foods that has more information on the Mediterranean diet and some really good recipes. It also has a food pyramid for adults and one for children. Check out this site it is cool www.mediterraneanmark.org

I guess I will have some things to talk about at dinner tonight with the kids. I hope showing them the food pyramid will help them understand the importance of certain foods.

No comments: