Sunday, November 22, 2009

Teaching the kids

Ok, so I had Children's Church this morning and we were talking about the books of the Bible. I was supposed to do the craft. I thought it would be a good idea to try and start teaching them the books of the Bible. I don't remember when I had to learn them but it was part of our Sunday School. I found some great websites that gave some information on how to teach the books of the Bible to the kids. To start you had to break them in smaller sections. So I decided that we would start with the New Testament and have them memorize; Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, and 1st and 2nd Corinthians. I tested this out on Thomas last night. I decided if he could remember them the other kids could do it too. He did pretty good. So this morning I was quizzing him and he started, "Matthew, Daddy, Luke" ect. . . I stared giggling. For those of you that do not know My husbands name is Mark. So we have told the kids they are not supposed to call us by our first names, we are Mommy and Daddy. So this is quite funny. He was a little embarrassed and I told him he should not be.
During Children's Church this morning Trish our director of education was teaching the lesson about the books of the Bible. She asked a few questions and I was pleasantly surprised that Jack knew many of the answers. The questions were not things that we discuss when we talk about the Bible. We have started our journey now to learn the books of the Bible. This should be very interesting.

No comments: