Saturday, March 13, 2010

Survived the Week

I survived this week.  I don't think I want to work that many days with the Middle School.  I am sure I do not want to work on Friday.  There must have been something in the air on Friday the kids were crazy!  Not just the class that I had but all of them.  I spoke to several teachers that said their kids were crazy too.   I am obviously not cut out for the free roaming arts and craft classes.   Maybe it is March Madness?  Of course I am not sure the kids I had were that in to basketball.  It could be some other sort of madness.  I did not have as much trouble out of the Exceptional Childrens'(behavior challenged and learning disabled) classses as I did with this art class.  Oddly enough, the EC kids gave me more respect and to me they tried harder to do well.  I have worked in that class several times.  
Working as a substitute has given me new insight into my own children.  I have also gained new appreciation for my own kids.   After working with these kids, my kids are a breeze.  Maybe this is Gods' way of telling me to lighten up on my own kids.  He may also be reminding me to appreciate what I have too.  I guess we all need those reminders from time to time. 

No comments: