Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th at the Lake

We actually spent July 3rd at the Lake.  We had a wonderful time; the kids played in the water and of course faught the whole time with each other and one of their older cousins.   They wore themselves out.  We grilled out, of course, and had ice cream sundaes thanks to Marks' sister.  Yeah!!!!  She always knows what the kids like.  We ate all day long and then had ice cream on top of that.   I was so tired I know my kids were.  They played in the water most of the time.   We did not get home till very late and the kids stayed awake till we got home.  Of course they went right off to sleep once they got in the bed.   Poor little things, they were just tuckered out. 
They were a bear getting them up for Church the next morning.  But, we made it.  Sunday night we sat out on our deck and had ice cream again and watched the fireworks around our neighborhood.  It was a nice evening.  I had some sparklers left over from last year and so I got those out.  The kids had a ball with these sparklers that I got at the dollar store, I think.   They ran around the yard  waving their arms.  It looked like we were trying to send up smoke signals it was so smokey from those things.  The kids had fun though and that is all that matters.

No comments: