Monday, July 26, 2010

Date Night. . .

Mark's niece came to babysit the boys on Saturday so Mark and I could go out on the town.  HA HA HA!!  We debated over where to eat and what movie to see and ended up eating at a local little Italian restaurant and not going to the movies.  We were both tired, Mark had worked in the yard all morning and  I went to Women's Football camp at Wake Forest University.  Yeah, I went to football camp.  One of my friends and I try to go every year.  It is really kinda cool, they take you out on the field and run you through drills just like they do the players.  They have to explain more to us though.  We don't put on the pads and heavy equipment but we do learn to block, tackle and run with the football.  It is pretty neat.  You know that Saturday was going to be around 97 and on the turf you add at least 10 more degrees.  My friend and I decided at the last minute we would do the indoor stuff this year.  They offer two options; you can go out on the field and run drills or you can stay inside and the coaches go over each position.  I always feel like I learn something new each time I go.   They always feed us really well too.  They give out door prizes and this time my friend won two tickets to one of the games.  Yeah!!  They always give us a t-shirt or a bag and this year we got a really cool canvas bag for participating.   The money we pay for registration goes to a childrens' charity.  It is a nominal fee to participate and like I said they feed you really well and then send you out on the field and make you puke.  HA HA  just kidding about the puking part.  
Back to out hot date.  We ended up going to a store called the "Hobby Lobby."  We walked around in there to let our food settle and  then went for ice cream.  We did not go to the movies.  Are we old or what?  There was really nothing out that we wanted to see that the kids did not want to see too.  That is one of our family things, to go to the movies together.  There is a lot out for the kids to see too.   So much for "Date Night."

No comments: