Friday, January 13, 2012

School. . . today

Jack had a really hard day today at school.   He came home in tears and said, "my teachers hate me."  Now Jack is not my emotional child he does not cry easily.  I looked at him real funny and asked him why he thought that.  He said they all fussed and yelled at him today for no reason.  If you know Jack he does give plenty of reasons to fuss, I am not so sure about the yelling part.  I tried to go deeper to find out what really had happened.  He was accused earlier this week of calling a girl a "Freak".  He did not do this of course.  He and the young lady were talking and he said she was a "neat freak".  You can guess the rest.  Yes, someone over heard them talking and said, Jack called "Sally" a freak.  Well that just escalated and I got ambushed in the car rider line by the teachers.  The teachers told me Jack called a girl a "Freak" and they said the girl was visibly upset by it.  Naturally, my motherly instinct was to talk to Jack and get the whole story.   The whole story is he said she was a "neat freak".  I talked with Jack and explained that you do not call people names at all.  He understands this.  He is not a mean kid, he does not call people names except his brother.  I told him he should go to this girl and apologize to her and let her know he was sorry if he hurt her feelings,  The next day I asked him what she said.  He said she was fine and she was not upset with him and that she was a "neat freak".  I asked Jack if those were her words and he said yes they were.
Being the Mama Bear that I am and feeling my child got the raw end of the deal here I wrote the teachers an email.  I was very nice and I merely pointed out  the above.  I have not had a response from them but then of course why would they email me back to have to admit they were wrong.
Jack is a lot of things but, mean and a name caller he is not.  Certainly not to one of his friends, which this little girl is.
I ask you today to please pray for Jack and his teachers and that God will take this off of his heart and their hearts.  Jack and I have already prayed today for this but every little bit helps.  You know I am a firm believer in prayer.   Thank you.

No comments: