Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sunday Morning. . .

Thomas went to bed sick on Saturday night so it was a given he would not be going to Church on Sunday.  I had Godly play and Board installations so I was going and that meant Mark would be home with Thomas.  Did not get much sleep worrying if Thomas would be up sick during the night.  Needless to say we had a groggy start to our Sunday morning.
We are trying to grow our congregation so I have been working on getting to Church for Sunday School and setting a better example for my kids.  I get Jack up to get ready for Sunday School and the groaning begins, but Mom I don't want to go to Sunday School.  Most kids are like this.  Mine never want to get up in the morning.   Well, the groaning and complaining hit my hot button.  I began my rant with the fact there are people that are forced not to go to Church and are unable to worship their God in public or private for fear of death.  I told him he was being disrespectful to me and to God and that while he was in the shower he should pray for forgiveness.  Not from me but from God.  Yeah, I know, I may have been a little hard core.  I am just sick and tired of hearing the groaning over every little thing and when you start complaining about Church that is too much for me to take. 
So I did not hear any more of that for the rest of the day.  I had several things I had to get out of the car so I sent Jack on in the building and told him I would see him after Church.  Board members sit together for Board installation and then I had to go out for Godly play so Jack would be sitting with his Memaw during Church.  I had three of the sweetest little girls in my class for Godly play and I think I learned as much as they did.  After Church the parents or siblings come and pick up the kids from Godly play and Jack came to get me.  After the kids had gone Jack announces, Mom we have to be here every Sunday for Sunday School.  I had the best time.  I looked at him and smiled, and said, the Lord works in mysterious ways.   I proceeded to explain to the lady that had helped me with Godly play the whole story of our morning escapades.  She laughed and said the same thing.  Jack just sighed and said, I know mommy.
On the way home he talked about how much fun Sunday School was and how he had to be there every Sunday from now on.  He acted as if he would miss something if he was not there.  I am so thankful to the lady that is teaching his class.  I am also thankful for the other kids in his class.
I am so thankful that the good Lord is allowing me to see my child grow in this manner.  Whenever I am down or doubtful he shows me he is still there working as hard as he can.  For this I am truly thankful.

No comments: