Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Here is another consumer finance alert. . .

Received a notice yesterday that one of our debit cards may have been compromised.   This is from a different bank than the one I previously posted about.  So that is two cards from two different banks that have been compromised.  One was a Visa the other MasterCard.  The only thing they have in common besides us is that they were both used at Wal Mart.  I will not be using a debit card at Wal Mart again.  There is something fishy going on there.  I reported the previous theft to the sheriffs' department and they have a gentleman that is dedicated to this type of thing only.  He said there have been a rash of this going on here and they are trying to pin down where it is coming from.
Since going through the Dave Ramsey class last year I have seriously cut down where I use my cards so it is really easy to know if it is us or if it is theft.  Dave, I gotta thank you for that.  No credit card debt and do not plan on using them at all again.  These last few weeks of dealing with people stealing our information has really put me on the defense when it comes to who I deal with and what means of payment I use.  We should  really be more careful about who has access to our bank information.  The times are changing and there is an unsavory element out there just waiting for the right moment.

No comments: