Tuesday, January 29, 2013

School for the Kiddos. . .

I am very proud of my boys, they both worked very hard this grading period.  Jack made all A's and Thomas made all B's and one C in math.  It is a high C though and he worked very hard for his C.  Thomas was a little upset, he thought he had pulled a B.  He said he will work harder this session so he can get at least a B.  He said they are doing fractions now and they are easy.  Gotta love his outlook.
Jack was upset his A's were not higher.  I told him if he opened a book they might be higher next time.  He is just like his daddy he absorbs information.  Unfortunately for Thomas he took after me and will have to fight and study everyday to get his B that he so desires.  It is hard when you have one child that excels without effort and one that you know needs a good 4 hours a day studying.  I love them both so much and want them to be able to do whatever they choose in their adult life.  I know that they are going to have to work and fight so that they will be able to get into a good college.  Jack has his sights set on the University of Miami and Thomas has said he might want to go into the military.  Thomas going into the military scares me but I know he is drawn to it.   He reads about military history all the time and probably knows more about military and war history than the average person.  That he gets from his daddy.  My dear hubby is a walking history book.

No comments: