Friday, October 14, 2016

The Little Things. . .

While at work one day this week my sweet hubby sent me a text.  It read, "OK, I am cooking something.  I hope it's good.  We had all the ingredients in the house."   My hubby is a very good cook I have posted that many times.  The part of this that scared me was the fact that we had all the ingredients and that he had been on the internet looking at recipes.  You remember the post about the sour kraut?  Same kinda feeling came over me.
I called the hubbs when I was on my way home and he said he had already fed the kids and that he had my food still warm and waiting.  Am not the luckiest girl in the world?   I could hear my sweet Big T in the back ground saying, "yeah, mommy it was good chicken."   I was pleasantly surprised that not only had he fixed this amazing meal but he had also cleaned up.  Again, how lucky am I?   After I had changed clothes he fixed me a plate; rice, chicken, and cornbread.   It was really good, when I get the recipe I will share it with you.   The chicken cooked in the crock-pot all day and he made a sauce out of the juices to go over the chicken when he served it.  The main ingredients, the ones that we had in the house already, were:  lemon, chicken broth, chicken, oregano, and garlic.
I do not have the specifics or where to give the credit for the recipe but I will find out and post it later.  Work is going well, still in training and learning a lot.  No news on the job front this week but, we are still hopeful.
Stay tuned for updates and maybe some recipes from the kitchen of my very sweet hubby.

No comments: