Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What to Eat and What to Wear????

I will be working twelve hour shifts and not able to leave our building for lunch or anything so, what should I take for lunch and snacks?   My first week I found I eat all the time, I was hungry all day.  My first twelve hour day I got to go to lunch with our CEO so I only had to pack snacks and maybe something to eat before I went home.  I have been trying to put together a list of easy to carry items to snack on but still semi healthy.  I can ill afford to gain weight at this job.  I am also having some difficulty in what I should wear and what will be comfortable.  Personally, I think pajamas would be a great idea but my manager frowned on that idea.  We are supposed to dress business casual so, I am trying to be professional but still comfortable.  So far, I have worn dress pants and a nice top and skirts and tops.  We do get to wear blue jeans on Fridays or something more casual.   I only own a couple pair of blue jeans so that will limit my casual days.  I saw something on Facebook yesterday; a girl said when she was out and about she was either really well put together or she looked like she was homeless.  That is me to a tee.  There is no in between and I kind of feel that way about casual Friday.   I am either going to look professional or I am going to look like I just got out of bed.
If you have any advice please, please comment below.   Also if you have any ideas about what to pack for lunches and snacks I would love that too.  I will be sharing more on both of these as I go through this schedule adjustment.
This is all new territory for me so stay tuned. . .

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Rather than look homeless on Casual Fridays, just wear what you normally wear and go with it. You will look polished and professional! Why don't you pack nuts, cheese, apples,grapes, veggies and ranch, and yogurt? Those should be filling but not too heavy and should keep you full until your next meal. Also, those bags of popcorn (Skinny Pop might be the name) are good. They fill my need for something salty but isn't too fattening....just don't eat the whole bag!

Pampered Mom said...

Thank you Beth. I have been wearing my usual on Fridays. I did wear blue jeans and a nice top this past Friday. I like your idea of grapes and veggies and ranch. I have not tried to pack those. I did pack egg salad one day, it was good but was a little smelly. Thank you again!!