Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Quick Update. . .

I survived the first week.  In this next week I will be on a routine schedule for this group.  They work twelve hour shifts and this is new for me.  I worked third shift in a lab my first job right out of college.   It was not that bad and I met my sweet hubby in that job.  
My adventure began yesterday and boy was I tired.    
Funny thing happened on my first day of work after thirteen years of being a mom, my sweet hubby's old boss called him and asked him if he would come back to work for them.  Ha Ha Ha!!!  If that does not prove that the Lord works in mysterious ways I do not know what will.  God's plan all along may have been for me to get back out in the workforce.  Our plan has always been for me to go back to work once the kids were more self sufficient, I just did not think they were quite self sufficient enough just yet.  I was thinking maybe when they were both in high school.  According to my hubby, I have been pushed out of the nest.  The hubbs job offer is not solid just yet, there are still some things that have to be ironed out but we are hopeful that it will work out.   
The boys seem to be adjusting well to me going back to work, we will have to see as my hours adjust.  I am part-time but, during my training period of several months I will be full-time so that my skills I am learning will stay with me.   There is even hope of working from home if the need arises.   I went to lunch with the new CEO yesterday and I have to say, I like that personal touch.  The CEO took myself and the other new hire out to get to know us.  That says a lot to me about how the company feels about it's staff.   They are really intent on their employees learning their job well before they handle live cases.  
I will be posting more as the days go by so please stay tuned.  I think I have found my new home in the business world.  

No comments: