Thursday, October 11, 2018

Instant Pot and Real Food

Yesterday I was off and decided I would clean the expired canned goods out of my kitchen cabinets.  I feel very wasteful right now.  I had so many canned goods that had expired.   I had a couple cans of tomato paste that were near expiration and I decided I would not let them go to waste. 
I decided a vegetable soup in the instant pot would be great.  I started with some chicken broth and my tomato paste and then I looked in the freezer and grabbed some crowder peas and sweet peas we had frozen from our garden.  I threw in a can of Lima beans, and some store bought frozen corn.  Add some garlic powder, onion powder, fresh dried oregano,  and some thyme.  I added some beef broth to give a little more liquid. 
Closed my lid and set my pot for soup.  I started the soup around 430 and we  were enjoying it by 530 ish.  Feeding the hubs and I real food pretty quick.  I did too it with some cheese and a dollop of sour cream.  
Love this pot!!! 
I am not being paid for this, I have said many times I post about things I like and believe in.

No comments: