Sunday, October 28, 2018

Leaping into Technology. . .

This week I leaped into technology by creating a snap chat account.  My younger hipper co workers helped me set up my account so that I could face time with my son in Boston.  He played in his first college lacrosse scrimmage this past weekend and on Wednesday last week he texts me to inform me he may have a concussion.  He said he had the worst headache he has ever had.  He has migraines and I had a migraine that same weekend for about three days.  I thought ok, this is a bad migraine.  He then informs me that he got leveled at the scrimmage with head contact.  Now is when mom drive goes into overdrive.  That is why I did the snapchat, I needed to see his face.  I felt like if I could see that face I would know one way or the other if it was a concussion or migraine. 
My co workers are the best, I was able to face time him and see that face that I have not seen since September 2nd.  I felt some better after seeing him, he did not seem loopy or disoriented or in severe pain like  I thought he could have been.  He is still having a headache and he text his dad today and told him that he saw the trainer again today and they would not let him go back to practice and that their main concern was to get him back in class.  That is troublesome too, that he has missed class because of this. 
Needless to say there has not been a lot of sleep for me.  When I worry I do not sleep.  Work keeps my mind off of everything so I have been working more filling in for folks when they need it.  Things are winding down and we will get to see him in person the week of Thanksgiving.  Cannot wait to see him.  Praying he has stayed on top of his grades, otherwise he will be home for good.  Low grades means no scholarship, means the boy comes home.  Praying he has stayed focused and diligent in his studies.
Update on Big T he made A honor roll this semester and made an A in his college class he was taking.  He did a tour of the Community College since he will be making trips there next semester for classes.  Up to this point his college classes have been online so he has not had to go to campus for anything.  Things are getting very exciting at our house. 
Update on 100 days of Real Food, I fell off the wagon, so I will attempt a re-start soon.  I was talking with a friend who is a PA and she was talking about processed food and headaches and migraines and other physical ailments that we have in common and I was telling her about this book.  We had both come to the conclusion that processed food is bad and we should be eating "Real" food.  This journey is on going at our house. 
Stay tuned as the college kid comes home and the Real Food journey starts again.

No comments: